Two AUBE Lab Students Defend Ph.D. Dissertation
- Jake Larson completed his dissertation defense on June 24, 2022, titled "Nonlinear Measures for Biomechanical Assessment of Movement Health and Postural Complexity." You can find a copy of Jake's dissertation here:
- Kyle Castellano defended his dissertation on July 18, 2022, titled, "Design, Performance, and Analysis of an Automated Tool for Neuropathy Assessment on the Plantar Surface."
PhD student David Hollinger presents at the Graduate Engineering Showcase
Auburn CPAP Ventilator
With the ventilator shortage due to COVID-19, Auburn University Mechanical Engineering faculty, including AUBE Lab Director, Dr. Zabala, teamed up to help solve the shortage!
Watch the story behind the AUBE Lab helping Auburn University Football below. Read more about the story here
Other AUBE Lab related news and publications
- Cowart, S. (2022, April 27) Confessions from the Sidelines Podcast, Season 2 Episode 42. Michael Zabala | XO Armor.
- Burcham, A. (2021, October 25) Talking Tigers Podcast, Episode 273. Talking Tigers Podcast with Andy Burcham. (Andy Burcham interviews past and present Auburn legends.) – Dr. Michael Zabala.
- Hokanson, J. (2021, August 18) Auburn Live Podcast, Episode 8. Former Tiger Sammie Coates and XO Armor Founder Michael Zabala.
- Hokanson, J. (2021, August 17). Auburn University, XO Armor sign three-year contract. Retrieved from https://www.on3.com/teams/auburn-tigers/news/auburn-university-xo-armor-three-year-contract/
- Browne, R. (2021, August 14) Live Podcast. Maury Gaston and Dr Michael Zabala of XO Armor on How 3D Imagining is Protecting Football Players.
- Staples, A. (2021, March 24). Auburn ingenuity: Custom guards to protect injuries making impact on college football and beyond. Retrieved from https://theathletic.com/2469058/2021/03/24/auburn-ingenuity-custom-guards-to-protect-injuries-making-impact-on-college-football-and-beyond/
- Hill, J. (2020, December 10). Auburn-based XO Armor could revolutionize customized athletic gear. Retrieved from https://oanow.com/sports/college/auburn/auburn-based-xo-armor-could-revolutionize-customized-athletic-gear/article_562be2ca-3b30-11eb-b127-573af7c27919.html
- Jessen, L. (2020, July 13). 2 US Coronavirus Patients Survive Double Lung Transplants. Thank You, Animal Research. Retrieved from https://fbresearch.org/coronavirus-double-lung-transplant/
- RE-INVENT CPAP-Ventilator Converter (research in response to global pandemic, COVID-19)
- “CPAP Conversion.” Spotlight on Agriculture. Alabama Public Television. 18 June, 2020. Television.
- Begg, R. (2020, April 9). Repurposing a CPAP into a Ventilator: Researchers testing their emergency ventilator on a goat have seen promising results. Retrieved from https://www.machinedesign.com/medical-design/article/21128489/repurposing-a-cpap-into-a-ventilator
- PR Newswire Story Number: DC741191. Clear Time Apr 08, 2020. Auburn University’s CPAP-to-ventilator device passes major test on live animal. Total potential audience: 62,413,756
- Carlton, B. (2020, April 6). 12 inspiring stories that make us proud to call Alabama home. Retrieved from: https://www.al.com/life-and-culture/j66j-2020/04/0e4b137e9a4882/12-stories-that-make-us-proud-to-call-alabama-home.html
- Crain, A. (2020, April 4). ‘It’s given me hope:’ Auburn engineers use CPAP to make emergency ventilator to fill COVID-19 demand. Retrieved from https://www.al.com/news/2020/04/its-given-me-hope-auburn-engineers-use-cpap-to-make-emergency-ventilator-to-fill-covid-19-demand.html
- PR Newswire ID: 2767988-1. Clear Time Apr 02, 2020. Auburn University design adapts CPAP machines into emergency ventilators. Total potential audience: 87,281,679
- Azok, D. (2020, April 2). Auburn engineers repurpose CPAP machines into emergency ventilators. Retrieved from https://www.madeinalabama.com/2020/04/auburn-engineers-repurpose-cpap-machines-into-emergency-ventilators/
- Essop, A. (2019, December 2). Sliced, the 3D Printing Industry News Digest. 3D printing used by Auburn to revive its players. Retrieved from https://3dprintingindustry.com/news/3d-printing-industry-news-sliced-eos-stratasys-autodesk-amfg-nano-dimension-165729/
- Rowe, H. (2019, September 28). Live ESPN sideline report feature story of AUBE Lab work for Auburn Football during game versus Mississippi State University.
- Rowe, H., [@sportsiren]. (2019, September 28). “When Science meets Football: How the @AuburnEngineers are helping to keep @AuburnFootball players on the field. The FUTURE is now at Auburn. @SEC @ESPNCFB.” Twitter, https://twitter.com/sportsiren/status/1178017254249771009?lang=en.
- Rowe, H., [@sportsiren]. (2019, September 27). “You will NEVER believe what I am up to at the today. Wait to until you see how they are helping the team. It’s seriously next level engineering. #superhero #engineeringrocks.” Twitter, https://twitter.com/sportsiren/status/1177625164059684865?lang=en.
- Lemire, J. (2018, March 9). Auburn Using Advanced Motion-Capture to Research ACL Prevention. Retrieved from https://www.sporttechie.com/auburn-engineering-vicon-cameras-research-acl-prevention/
- Henderson, J. (2018, January 24). Auburn engineering students digitally map Aubie's masterful motions. Retrieved from https://www.al.com/living/2018/01/auburn_engineering_students_di.html
- “Auburn Uses Vicon Mocap to Stop ACL Tears Before They Happen.” The Standard. VICON-2018 Edition, Biomechanics and Sport: 4-5. Print.