Requirements for M.S.
- Completion of a total of 30 credit hours
- 24-26 hours of 6000/7000-level courses, of which at least 24 hours are MATL courses
- 4-6 hours of MATL 7990
- No more than 6 hours transfer credit
- CTEC Form
- Completion and defense of a thesis
- Seminar presentation in the Graduate Seminar Series course (MATL 7950)
- Advisory committee of at least 3 members, including the major professor
Students intending to graduate with an M.S. must submit their written thesis to their committee no less than 10 working days before their thesis defense. The thesis must also be submitted in proper format (e-file) to the Graduate School.