College of EngineeringDepartment of Industrial and Systems EngineeringAcademicsUndergraduateUndergraduate Certificates
Undergraduate Certificate in Manufacturing Systems
On-Campus – 12 credit hours
The Manufacturing Systems Certificate is for students looking to acquire more knowledge in manufacturing. Students completing this certificate will explore the design, analysis, and operation of manufacturing systems as a combination of humans, machinery, equipment, tooling, controls, building, transportation, etc., that are bound by a common material and information flow through application-based courses in state-of-the-art labs and classroom environments.
*Each course offering is three hours
- INSY 5330 Six Sigma (Offered every Fall)
- INSY 5800 Lean Systems (Offered every Fall and Spring)
Complete any two of the following:
- INSY 4960 Special Problems (Arranged with individual faculty member)
- INSY 4970 Industrial and Systems Engineering Special Topics (Offered periodically)
- INSY 5240 Production and Inventory Control Systems (Offered every 3 years beginning Spring 2024)
- INSY 5450 Simulation-based Planning and Scheduling (Offered every 3 years beginning Spring 2023)
- INSY 5830 Vehicle Technology and Trends (Offered every other Fall beginning Fall 2024)
- INSY 5840 Control of the Manufacturing Floor and Processes (Offered every other Fall beginning Fall 2023)
- INSY 5850 Electronics Manufacturing Systems (Offered every other Spring beginning Spring 2023)
- INSY 5860 Innovations in Manufacturing Systems (Offered every other Fall beginning Fall 2023)
Special Problems/Topics courses require Department Approval and only will count as credit towards the certificate based on the topic of the course. Students cannot take 5xxx and the corresponding 6xxx course and receive credit for both.
To see a listing of all INSY courses, visit: http://bulletin.auburn.edu/coursesofinstruction/
All of our required courses are offered at least once per year; most elective courses are offered less frequently. Generally around five elective courses or more are offered each semester, including Summer.
Declare the Manufacturing Systems Certificate here.