Summer research opportunities on Parallel and Distributed Computing is an excellent opportunity in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering and Physics. Up to nine students will be selected to participate at Auburn University.
- Program Director: Dr. Sanjeev Baskiyar
- Location: Auburn University
- Duration: 9 weeks (starts May 20)
- Stipend (tentative): $500/week with a total of $4,500
- Housing and meal plan (tentative): up to $2,709 paid directly to providers
- Travel allowance (tentative): up to $600 based on receipts
- Total up to $7,809 for 9-weeks
- Deadline: ASAP! We reserve the right to make offers to promising applicants before the Feb 15 deadline. Applying early is always to your benefit!
- Has completed sophomore or junior year of study in computer science, computer engineering, software engineering, or a closely related field
- Programming knowledge in C, C++, or Java; a computer organization/architecture class would be a plus
- US citizens or permanent residents
Women, minorities, and students from "undergraduate" institutions are especially encouraged to apply.
Required application materials:
- Application form 2019 CISE REU Common Application: Auburn University
- Email (in the same email) your résumé (or curriculum vitae, listing overall GPA and GPA in computer science/engineering course taken), unofficial college transcript(s) and a one page research interest statement to email@example.com. If applicable, describe a major project you did for a course, an internship, or previous REU.
- One letter of recommendation. Ask your recommender to email it to Dr. Baskiyar ( firstname.lastname@example.org)
Send materials to:
Dr. Sanjeev Baskiyar
Shelby Center 3127C
Department of Computer Science and Software Engineering
Auburn, AL 36849-5347
(334) 844-6329 (fax)