NSF REU on Smart UAVs
Application form: 2015 CISE REU Common Application: Auburn University
Summer research opportunities on smart UAVs is an excellent opportunity to explore the exciting frontier of unmanned technology. Twelve students will be selected to participate at Auburn University. They will form four teams who will compete to design the best algorithms to autonomously fly 6 to 12 UAVs on a limited air field. The winning team will receive a cash prize.
- Program Director: Dr. Saad Biaz
- Assistant Director: Dr. Chase Murray
- Location: Auburn University
- Duration: 8 weeks (starts May 18, 2015 (tentative)
- Stipend (tentative): $500/week
- Housing and meal plan (tentative): $2,300
- Travel allowance (tentative): up to $600 based on receipts
- Deadline: Last Friday in February until all positions are filled. We reserve the right to make offers to promising applicants before the deadline. Applying early is always to your benefit!
- Has completed sophomore or junior year of study in computer science, computer engineering, software engineering, or a closely related field
- Programming knowledge in C, C++, or Java; a networking class would be a plus
- US citizens or permanent residents
Women, minorities, and students from "undergraduate" institutions are especially encouraged to apply.
Required application materials:
- Application form 2015 CISE REU Common Application: Auburn University
- Unofficial college transcript(s)
- Email a one page research interest statement. If applicable, describe a major project you did for a course, an internship, or previous REU.
- One letter of recommendation. Ask your recommender to email it to Dr. Biaz (firstname.lastname@example.org)
All application materials must be received by 5 PM, Last Friday in February, 2015. Send materials to:
Dr. Saad Biaz
Shelby Center 3101-Q
Department of Computer Science and Software Engineering
Auburn, AL 36849-5347
(334) 844-6329 (fax)
Nov 07, 2014