The Department of Chemical Engineering requires that applicants for admission have at least a B average. For applicants who have completed work beyond a bachelor's degree, records of both graduate and undergraduate work are taken into account.
While most applicants for the graduate program have an undergraduate degree in chemical engineering, it is not necessarily a requirement. The field of chemical engineering is broad in its scope, so we encourage applicants who hold degrees in chemistry, mathematics, materials science, or any engineering discipline to apply. Students admitted to our program with such backgrounds are normally required to complete several undergraduate chemical engineering courses. The exact program is adapted to each applicant's previous training.
To apply to our program complete the following steps:
- Complete the online application form via the following link: Admission Form
- Send undergraduate and graduate transcripts (if applicable) from all institutions attended. You will need to send two official copies of all college or university transcripts, one mailed directly to the Department of Chemical Engineering (c/o the Graduate Program Officer) and one copy sent to the Graduate School at: The Graduate School, 106 Hargis Hall, Auburn University, Auburn, AL 36849-5122.
- GRE exams are required for all applicants. The advanced test is not required. You will need to have the Educational Testing Service send your official scores to Auburn University (ETS Institution Code 1005).
- TOEFL exams are required for graduates of programs in which English is not the sole language of instruction. A minimum TOEFL score of 550 (paper test) or 213 (electronic test) is required. You will need to have the Educational Testing Service send your official scores to Auburn University (ETS Institution Code 1005).
- A minimum of three letters of recommendation from former professors and/or supervisors. These letters are crucial to the application process and should be sent directly to the Department of Chemical Engineering (c/o the Graduate Program Officer). The required form may be obtained via the following link: Letter of Recommendation Form
- Complete an Application for Assistantship using the following link: Application for Assistantship , and send it with your application materials. An offer of an assistantship is usually issued at the same time you are recommended for Graduate School Admission.
Feb 09, 2011