Web Site Content
In general, COE policies and regulations that apply to the content of publications and communications apply to contents of official Web sites published on COE Web servers.
General Rules on Information Content
All official and unofficial Web sites hosted on COE servers must:
- comply with all laws governing copyrights, intellectual property, libel and privacy,
- not violate any policy, rule or regulation of the COE or Auburn University, and
- not be used for non-COE or Auburn University related commercial activities.
All unofficial Web sites hosted on COE servers must:
- not contain official AU and COE logos, mastheads and/or other graphic elements, unless permitted to do so by the Office of Engineering Communications and Marketing
- not resemble official AU and COE web pages
- contain the following disclaimer: This is not an official College of Engineering Web site. The views and opinions expressed do not necessarily reflect those of Auburn University or the College of Engineering.
Additionally, official sites must comply with Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) standards or provide text-only alternate versions. Unofficial sites are strongly encouraged to comply with ADA standards whenever possible.
Feb 09, 2011